National Engineering Aptitude Test (NEAT) 2009 is an aptitude test for admission to B. Tech (Honours), B. Tech (Honours)-MBA, B. Tech (Honours)-M.Tech programmes being offered at LPU.
Scheme Of Examination
1. The examination would be of three hours duration.
2. The examination would be conducted online at designated test centres.
3. The language of the question paper will be English only.
4. (a) Questions would be multiple choice questions, with four options having a single correct answer
(b) There would be no negative marks for a wrong answer.
5. (a) Students of 10+2 Non-medical will appear for test under Group-A as shown in table below. The Group A students will be eligible for all offered engineering streams including Biotechnology.
(b) Students of 10+2 Medical will appear for test under Group-B as shown in table below. The Group-B students will be eligible for admission to biotechnology stream only.
|GROUP||NEAT-2009 TEST SUBJECTS||PROGRAMMES & STREAMS (TO WHICH ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION)|
|Group A |
|Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and |
B. Tech (Honours), B.Tech (Honours) – MBA and B. Tech (Honours) – M. Tech in
|Group B |
|Physics, Chemistry, Biology and |
B. Tech (Honours), B.Tech (Honours) – MBA and B. Tech
For All Streams Including Biotechnology
Pass in 10+2 or equivalent or relevant higher qualification (with Physics, Maths and English as compulsory subjects and any one of the following - Chemistry/ Biology/ Computer science/ Biotech) with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
Only for Biotechnology:
Pass 10+2 or equivalent or relevant higher qualification (with Physics, Chemistry and English as a compulsory subjects and any one of the following - Biology or Mathematics with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
* No Separate preparation/ coaching is required for NEAT-2009 as this is a test for understanding of subjects being learnt in 10+1 & 10+2. The questions for the Examination shall be based on the common minimum syllabus of Central/State boards.
* University is providing free mock test at its website www.lpu.in/neat2009/mock from 10th April 2009 onwards.more details.